Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why does my PC hangup (extremely slow shutdown) only when I use IE or firefox?

My Dell Inspiron (Windows XP) has recently (about a month ago) started having this problem where it takes forever to shutdown. This ONLY occurs after I use the latest versions of either IE or Firefox. In fact, if I just open IE without surfing and then quit, shutdown is totally fine. Once I visit other websites (CNN, gmail, etc) the computer hangs up when shutting down for at least 4-5 min.



Why does my PC hangup (extremely slow shutdown) only when I use IE or firefox?windows vista





Most of those sites have java script and flash enabled. Perhaps one of those two are causing the problem. I would suggest updating java script to the latest along with flash. Good luck.



Why does my PC hangup (extremely slow shutdown) only when I use IE or firefox?windows defender internet explorer



Could it be spyware? Or other forms of malware? Scan your computer to check, or try to uninstall IE7 and keep Firefox. Sometimes tracking cookies will be found on your computer, and can slow it down.



http://safer-networking.org/



Download and install SpyBot S%26amp;D and scan your computer.
try this software, it's a knockout sucker's punch.



http://www.ebookorama.com/superfast-comp...



don't forget my best answer please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk